Sunday, January 16, 2005

Happy [insert appropriate festival here]!!!

Loyal readers, despite many weeks of neglect, you have returned, and I thank you. Hopefully Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, New Years, or Orthodox Christmas was as wonderful an affair for you as it was for me. I'm pleased to say that I had a blast and am now firmly esconced here in Maidenhead, with Bec and Mike.

I've already been lucky enough to visit Stonehenge (we skipped the less strikingly named 'Woodhenge'), Silbury Hill, Avebury standing stones, Oxford, the Tate Modern, St. Pauls Cathedral, Big Ben, the London Eye (OK, but we couldn't be bothered with the two hour queue, so a ride is on the 'do later' list...), Buckingham Palace and the National Gallery; there's an astounding amount for us Colonials to see here... Heck, I've even been to the top of New Zealand house to check out the view. It's a dandy city, and I think I'm going to quite like it here.

The last month has certainly been hectic, so I apologise for the lack of contact. Rest assured I'll be resuming personal contact with each and every one of you once I get my act together, promise...

I've finally, and clumsily (if anyone knows any good hand coding to lay out thumbnails, that'd be right nice thanks..), posted a Greatest Hits selection of photos on the blog below, listed by country. You can click on the thumbnail for a larger file, and if you feel so inclined, can leave comments at the bottom of each country section. It'll take quite a good scrolling wheel, but do your best. You can still access all the previous posts through the archives section by selection 'January'. Hope you enjoy. I'm hoping to find some free video hosting, as there's a lot of the trip that could only be captured with the movie image, so if anyone knows of any free hosting sites, please drop me a line.

So my friends, sorry again for the lack of contact - the cold here freezes the hands and the hard drive, but I'll make amends.

I have shaved,

I have a new wardrobe,

I am trying to conquer the reflex to reply, 'yeah, when I was in...'

Take care good folks, and Happy 2005!

Your man, still adjusting to a different world,

Arch :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home