Wednesday, August 04, 2004

It's so hard, to say goodbye, to yesterday...

Come on, you know I've always been a MASSIVE Boys to Men fan! Yep, today is my last full day here in Japan. You know you've got a little too attached to a place when saying goodbye to the people at the post office makes you teary eyed...

Had to say some pretty tough goodbyes today tho, that wasn't much fun... In particular my great big shining star Bri, and the loverly Kerry. There were some heartfelt words, a good hug (but, only like between friends man, you know?) and guarantees that there will be meetings again. I think my former supervisor said it best when he replied to my email with;

"The bondage we have been making in Japan is our eternal treasure. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Please enjoy a wonderful journey until we see each other again"

Someone had to say it...

It's been a hectic day, final mailings of parcels (hope my laptop shows up in a week Bec and Mike!), a couple of bills, loads too many goodbyes, and then being seen off by my teachers at the station - but I got it all done in the end. My little apartment is empty now - ahhhh, the Koupo Marusho, think the Titanic; at the bottom of the sea - and I've sailed outta town for the last time. I think it was particularly appropriate that my final meal - my Last Supper, if you will - was a cutlet sandwich. Those of you who have shared cutlets with me over the last years will understand my delight at this as a choice of final meal. We rolled out of town and are now in the fine company of Muffin and Emma down in Osaka, before heading to Kate's and flying out tomorrow.

tabun...

Jules and I have a date tomorrow in Taipei, before arriving in Indonesia on Friday. I'm anticipating a whole lot of doing nothing for a while at least, before deciding some sort of itinerary for the country. Wouldn't mind seeing some of those new fangled Kimodo Dragons while we're there, but it's yet to be decided ne...

Thanks heaps Japan, it's been really really fun. I got to find out what life is like when you're not being an Architect, managed to hanasu a little bit of the nihongo, met some truly superlative people, and saw my first Frank Lloyd Wright and Tadao Ando buildings - ON THE SAME DAY, wOOp wOOp!!!!

Anyhoo, off into the yonder tomorrow, till then - dewa mata ne,

a :)

2 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Archmeolson! all the best for your travels. Its been simply way too long, and as you draw closer to europe, I'll fly over the top of you heading back to melbourne. Maybe they will let me drop some peanuts out the window to you, but I recko not, so if its peanuts you want, better pick some up. Love your work, and I'll be slapping your arse sooner than we both think. kev

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yoku ganbatta ne tubby. mata.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home