Monday, August 23, 2004

Tooootally Gnarly Dude!

Soooo, I know I said that Kuta is kind of nasty, but we hired mini Malibu boards today, and after three hours surfing (I stood up on my first wave - you'd have been so proud of me Higg!) I consider myself eligible to use words like Dude, Sick, Bogus, Gnarly, and Raaaadical!

Yep, pretty fun times indeed. We managed to meet up with Ben, Anna, Tim, Sean and Beth yesterday, which was a real treat - and had some yummy Mexican food followed by one of the worst nightclubs I've ever seen in all my days - Paddys. Why we went there I'm not really sure, but everyone kept saying, "It's your birthday, you have to come!", but after getting in there (picture hundreds of the type of people I described in my last post, all hammered, lurking around leerishly, with a bad covers band in the background) I exercised my right to not go, and we bolted home. The Human Zoo, eeeeeewww...

So, I have now turned 29, I'm in my thirtieth year, and as if that wasn't bad enough, I apparently share my birthday with Macauly Culkin... I was really hoping for Doogie Howser, but my luck never changes eh?

Well, fresh fruit juice is calling me, so I won't dally about. I did forget to mention in my last post tho, that when we were staying in Gili Meno, we had a morning snorkelling around the island - with massive turtles! These bad boys were easily a metre long, and it was pure National Geographic. The snorkelling in Indonesia really is quite amazing - clouds of thousands of tropical fish, beautiful coral (where they haven't partaken in the national pastime of Dynamite Fishing...) and loverly warm water...

But, I digress... Dinner awaits,

Your man deep in the Green Room,

Arch :)

2 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY woop woop for hes a very old fellow for hes a very old fellow for hes a very old fellow, and so say all of us HIP HIP!

 
At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey... what are you DOING in Kuta!! sounds like you were disobeying strict instructions to keep you arse out of there young man!!

Go on and get your self out in real Bali.... otherwise you'll find yourself with no money and more sarongs than you can stuff into your suitcase (plus you'll wonder why the hell we ever went back twice!).

Seriously... i am so jealous you've seen a Komodo dragon and come back alive, and that you're probably squinching your feet in the sand as i write!

Keep up the good work, Bex XXOO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home